Expand my Community achievements bar.

E-Mail adress in text

Former Community Member
Hi,

I'm quite new to this Designer stuff, but I managed to create a form so far.

Now I want to add a text which says something like "Please submit this form to firstname.lastname@whatever.com" It's no problem to create this text, but I want to add something like a mailto-function. This seems to be added by default, but in my case it skips the firstname. I guess this is because of the dot in between. Is there any way to solve this?

Second issue on this topic happens after clicking on the e-mail adress. An e-mail window is opened but somehow to the e-mail adress a text is added (looks like this: lastname@whatever.comABC).

Any ideas how to solve this?

Thanks and regards!

Uli
2 Replies

Former Community Member
Ulrich,

Your first name and dot problem is probably a known bug reported on 31 Aug 2005 - due to be fixed in Release 8 which is planned to be launched in November/December 2006

See 'Incorrect resolution of e-mail address' topic under "Adobe LiveCycle Designer 7 - Bugs, issues, problems can be reported here."

Chip Wiegand, "Incorrect resolutionof e-mail address" #5, 30 Sep 2005 11:19 am

Former Community Member
Exactly the problem I have. Good to know that it's not me, who is the stupid here but the software...

The only workaround I found so far, is to write mailto: in front of the adress (e.g. Please submit to mailto:first.last@whatever.com) Looks stupid, but seems to work. But I still got the three letter issue...