Expand my Community achievements bar.

Error during turnkey installation

Former Community Member
Hi all!

I'm trying to installa Adobe Workflow Server, but using the turnkey

installation I received an error message. What can I do to solve this

installation problem?

I'm using Windows 2003 Server and the Jboss and MySql provided with AWS.

The error part of the log is here:

[2005-09-25 08:51:56,250], Runnable bean context: My Bootstrap Action

(bean24), com.adobe.idp.install.bootstrap.BootstrapperClient, ERROR,

Couldn't bootstrap using

'http://localhost:8080/LCMBootstrapper/bootstrap?bootstrapper=FORMS':

[500,Bootstrap failed]

com.adobe.idp.install.bootstrap.BootstrapException: Couldn't bootstrap using

[500,Bootstrap failed]

at

com.adobe.idp.install.bootstrap.BootstrapperClient.bootstrap(BootstrapperClient.java:188)

at

com.adobe.idp.install.bootstrap.BootstrapperClient.bootstrap(BootstrapperClient.java:110)

at

com.adobe.idp.install.bootstrap.BootstrapperClient.bootstrap(BootstrapperClient.java:88)

at MyBootstrapAction.execute(MyBootstrapAction.java:243)

at com.installshield.wizard.RunnableWizardBeanContext.run(Unknown Source)

[2005-09-25 08:51:56,265], Runnable bean context: My Bootstrap Action

(bean24), MyBootstrapAction, ERROR, LCMerror3003{FORMS}

com.adobe.idp.install.bootstrap.BootstrapException: Couldn't bootstrap using

[500,Bootstrap failed]

at

com.adobe.idp.install.bootstrap.BootstrapperClient.bootstrap(BootstrapperClient.java:188)

at

com.adobe.idp.install.bootstrap.BootstrapperClient.bootstrap(BootstrapperClient.java:110)

at

com.adobe.idp.install.bootstrap.BootstrapperClient.bootstrap(BootstrapperClient.java:88)

at MyBootstrapAction.execute(MyBootstrapAction.java:243)

at com.installshield.wizard.RunnableWizardBeanContext.run(Unknown Source)

[2005-09-25 08:51:56,296], Runnable bean context: My Bootstrap Action

(bean24), MyBootstrapAction, ERROR, ErrorCode: LCMerror3003, ErrorStr:

Bootstrapping of product(s) could not be completed successfully.

Bootstrapping request failed on server. FORMS bootstrapper failed .

Thanks for helping,

Alessio
14 Replies

Former Community Member
Using j2se 1.4.2_04 ws works perfectly, so I guess there is a problem with

the updates (I received the log error by using 1.4.2_09).

Bye,

Alessio

Former Community Member
Hello,

I am having a similar problem. When the configuration manager tries to deploy to JBOSS, I am getting this error:

"ERROR CODE:

LCMerror9007

Failed to start turnkey service JBoss for Adobe LiveCycle."

When I try to manually start JBOSS, from services, I am getting this error:

"The JBoss for Adobe LiveCycle service on Local Computer started and then stopped. Some services stop automatically if they have no work to do, for example, the Performance Logs and Alerts service"

I was using J2SE 1.4.2_09. Then, when I saw DrChannard reply, I removed and installed J2SE 1.4.2_04. However, still the error is coming.

Any Help?

Former Community Member
Are you using an account that has the necessary priveledges to start a service?

Chris

Adobe Enterprise Developer Support

Former Community Member
Hi,

you could give a try with this:

1. run regedit

2. navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services

3. locate and delete the Adobe LiveCycle services (1 for Jboss, 1 for Jboss_bam, 1 for MySQL)

4. Then try re-installing everything

The trick here is that these services do not automatically get removed when unisntalling the product. So, if there was an error with the services in the first place, it might be inherited in subsequent attempts to install LC Workflow.

My two cents,

Evangelos

Former Community Member
Just another thought that came to mind: in which order did you install? If I remeber correctly, this should be 1) Forms, 2) Form Manager 3) Workflow

Evangelos

Level 9
Hi

We've also had a weird intermittent error that appears to occur when you're either not connected to a network, or not correctly logged into a domain.

Not sure if this is your problem, but worth a try.

It may also be helpful to post a bigger chunk of your log file.

Howard

Level 9
PS The log file is server.log in C:\Adobe\LiveCycle\jboss\server\all\log

Former Community Member
Chris Trubiani, Evangelos Kokkoris and Howard Treisman,,

Appreciating your helpful cooperation. I am doing my tests.

I shall come back to you with the results.

Former Community Member
<anas@somac-it.com> ha scritto nel messaggio <br />news:3bbc87a7.8@webx.la2eafNXanI...<br />> Chris Trubiani, Evangelos Kokkoris and Howard Treisman,,<br />><br />> Appreciating your helpful cooperation. I am doing my tests.<br />> I shall come back to you with the results.<br /><br />Usually, this error seems to be due to the fact that JBoss services are not <br />up in the moment in which you are installing.<br /><br />If you use turnkey installation, you have to do the following:<br /><br />Install Forms, Install Form Manager and then Workflow. Together with Forms <br />you will install JBoss and MySQL. If you want you can overwrite the <br />installation of JBoss and MySQL when doing the installation of FM and WF.<br />Only when you install all the three products you will have to up the <br />services and then launch the Configuration Manager. Select all the three <br />applications in the panel and then NEXT, NEXT, NEXT (if you don't have <br />specific needs).<br />I suppose that after the Configuration Manager system has to detect the <br />state of JBoss, but presumibly this part of the installation doesn't work <br />very well.<br /><br />Another important things: you have to be sure that you install the same <br />version of the different apps. I've noticed that if you install (for <br />example) Forms 7.0.1 and then FM 7.0.0 and WF 7.0.0 it will detect that you <br />have different version of JBoss and MySQL and so you may have some problems <br />with the turnkey installation.<br /><br />I solved a lot of problems installing all the apps in the 7.0.1 version.<br /><br />Bye,<br />Alessio

Level 9
Hi Alessio

Happy new year!

Glad you solved your problems.

I think the general recommendation is:

1. Install all products other than WF first, but do NOT use the Turnkey install. This puts the products files in the "components" directory ready to be deployed, but does not actually deploy them.

2. Install WF, and DO use the Turnkey install. This installs both JBoss and MySQL, and as well as combining all the previously installed LiveCycle products into a single ear file, and deploying it, and running the bootstrapper (database initializer) for all products.

Howard

Former Community Member
<Howard_Treisman@adobeforums.com> ha scritto nel messaggio <br />news:3bbc87a7.10@webx.la2eafNXanI...<br />> Hi Alessio<br />><br />> Happy new year!<br />><br />> Glad you solved your problems.<br />> I think the general recommendation is:<br />> 1. Install all products other than WF first, but do NOT use the Turnkey <br />> install. This puts the products files in the "components" directory ready <br />> to be deployed, but does not actually deploy them.<br />> 2. Install WF, and DO use the Turnkey install. This installs both JBoss <br />> and MySQL, and as well as combining all the previously installed LiveCycle <br />> products into a single ear file, and deploying it, and running the <br />> bootstrapper (database initializer) for all products.<br />><br />> Howard<br /><br />Hi Howard,<br />Happy new year to you, too.<br /><br />When I say install I mean launch the setup but not the Configuration Manager <br />at the end of the installation. You have to deploy all the apps at the end <br />of the process, after you install them, by using the Configuration Manager. <br />In this way I had no problem. The correct order is Forms, Form Manager, <br />Workflow.<br />Btw, what do DO stands for?<br /><br />Bye,<br />Alessio

Level 9
Exactly.

DO means "do" but with emphasis :)

Howard

Former Community Member
<Howard_Treisman@adobeforums.com> ha scritto nel messaggio <br />news:3bbc87a7.12@webx.la2eafNXanI...<br />> Exactly.<br />> DO means "do" but with emphasis :)<br />><br />> Howard<br /><br />Ok, i think that it was another Adobe products that I don't know :)<br /><br />Bye,<br />Alessio