Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dynamic Webservice URL

Former Community Member
Hi,

We have around 20 webservices deployed in a dev environment (dev1). We wanted to migrate that to a test environment and then to production.

We figured that we would have to change all our form code base to point to the webservices deployed at test1 and then to prod1 if we have to migrate from dev1 server.

Is there an easy way to do this ? we would like to read the webservices based on the machine we want at runtime and execute it ?

any suggestions ?

I know in other programming languages you read from a .properties file and do it, but not sure in form desginer ?
5 Replies

Former Community Member
You can programmatically change the web service address. I have a sample but it is not available at the moment can you post your email and I will make the sample available as soon as I can.

Former Community Member
Can you also email me the example when it's ready. I could really use that too. thanks.

Scott

scottsheck@yahoo.com

Former Community Member
Hi paul,

Thanks for the info, you can send it across at

sentah.at.hotmail.dot.com

Former Community Member
I cannot send it until next week when I get back to the office

Former Community Member
Ok I am finally back in the office and have found the information required. Assuming the connection name in the DataView wizard is set to DataConnection, then the command to get at the soap address is:

xfa.connectionSet.DataConnection.soapAddress.value

So to set a new address use:

xfa.connectionSet.DataConnection.soapAddress.value = "http://server:port/servicename";