Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Dynamic FormGuide creation

Former Community Member
Hi all,<br /><br />i'm trying to dynamically create a form guide xdp to be rendered into the Workspace ES.<br /><br />This formguide should have some dinamically created panels.<br /><br />I've scouted the xdp file format and on google i found out that it is possible to add this code to the xdp to add a formguide to a plain xdp:<br /><br /><xdp><br /><br />....<br />....<br /><br /><guides xmlns="http://ns.adobe.com/form-guides/1.0/"><br /><br /> <ga:GuidedActivity name="New Guide" id="gaModel" wrapper="ga.wrappers.LeftAccordion" version="1.0" style="ga.wrappers.LeftAccordion.swc" xmlns:ga="ga.model.*" xmlns:layout="ga.layouts.*" xmlns:mx="http://www.adobe.com/2006/mxml"><br /> <ga:sections><br /> <ga:Section label="New Section"><br /> <ga:panels><br /> <ga:Panel label="New Panel"><br /> <ga:layout><br /> <layout:OneColumn/><br /> </ga:layout><br /> </ga:Panel><br /> </ga:panels><br /> </ga:Section><br /> </ga:sections><br /> </ga:GuidedActivity><br /></guides><br /><xdp><br /><br />If i open such a file with the designer i can see the Panel described in the XML code. But if i try to modify it and then i save it (to understand the tags to add a textfield or else), the xml source become like this :<br /><br /><guides xmlns="http://ns.adobe.com/form-guides/1.0/">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<br /></guides><br /><br />Is it some sort of encoding?<br />So how can i understand which tags are needed to add fields to a panel?<br /><br />Any help is really appreciated.<br /><br />Thanks a lot.<br /><br />Alessio
3 Replies

Former Community Member
Oh....I just solved it :D

I just needed to look the GuideBuilder Preview Code :D

Thanks anyway :DDD

Former Community Member
Hi Alessio

When you save changes using Guide Builder it automatically encodes the result. If you don't want the MXML encoded in the XFA template there is an environment variable you can set as well so you don't have to always look in the preview directory.

GB_COMPRESS=false

Anthony

Former Community Member
Hi Anthony,

thank you very much for your hint.

It was very helpful.

Best Regards,

Alessio