Expand my Community achievements bar.

July 31st AEM Gems Webinar: Elevate your AEM development to master the integration of private GitHub repositories within AEM Cloud Manager.

DSN error. Accessor Unknown - MS Access DB

Former Community Member
I have created a Adobe form and a MS Access DB to store the form data on the webserver. I am using system DSN for connecting the form to the MS Access DB. When I open the form in my computer in which I created the DSN, I can insert, update, add and delete the data in the DB. However, when I open the form from any other location I get the error

acessor xfa.sourceSet.ChangeRequest.addNew() is unknown.

ChangeRequest is my system dsn.

What am I doing wrong, because I need people to use this form from their desktop.

Please help.
5 Replies

Former Community Member
FYI - I am using Adobe Livecycle Designer 7.0 for creating the form.

Former Community Member
"However, when I open the form from any other location I get the error"

You answered your question - every location needs the same DSN configured locally to use your form.

Former Community Member
Oh!:)

But how do I get this form working if I need to publish it on my company's intranet. Please advice.

Former Community Member
That's where LiveCycle Forms comes in - one of it's primary purposes is to pre-populate forms from an XML data file, database, etc. using a call to a webservice or scripting in a servlet (that performs a database lookup).

Former Community Member
I have Adobe professional 7 and LiveCycle designer came along with the product. Will I need to buy LiveCycle forms separately?