Expand my Community achievements bar.

Attention: Experience League Community will undergo scheduled maintenance on Tuesday, August 20th between 10-11 PM PDT. During this time, the Community and its content will not be accessible. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Droping an object into a table

Former Community Member
I am trying to put a text field into a cell on a table. Everytime I do it puts it outside the table to the right. I have tried other objects and I have the same problem. Thanks in advance.
8 Replies

Former Community Member
The table was an object that I dropped on to the form, and now I am trying to put checkboxes and text fields in the cells.

Former Community Member
Where are you getting the table object from in the Designer interface?

~T

Former Community Member
The object library on the right. I just pulled it down and dropped it. In a differnt document I imported from word.

Former Community Member
Doesn't Designer just convert Microsoft Word tables to text fields? That's the result I get when I import an Microsoft Word document that contains tables into Designer. Do you get something different?

Sabian

Former Community Member
No, I just imported it. The cells that had checkboxes are usable. But if there was nothing in a cell, I can't do anything with. If I drop a text field or a check box. It seems to big and puts the field out side of the table to the right. It appears to be in the same row but, it is outside the table. If I create a table form scratch, I still have problems dropping objects into the cells. I am not sure whats going on it seems like putting checkboxes and text fields into tables would be basic.

Former Community Member
Hi Sabian,

do you use the Designer 7.0 or 7.1? As far as i know in Version 7.1 there is a simple table object available.

Jens Thieme

Former Community Member
7.1. The more I mess with it the more I think maybe it is just an auto size issue.