Expand my Community achievements bar.

Drop-down list option does not change on selection

Former Community Member
Hi all,

I have a drop-down list with 3 items. Each item displays a different set of fields below based on a Change event. If I select the 1st or 3rd item, everything works great. I am seeing the right option in the drop-down list and the correct fields are displaying. If I select the 2nd item, the correct fields display, however, the drop-list shows the previously selected option and I have to select from the list again to get the correct item to display in the drop-list. Does anyone have any suggestions for why this might be happening?

Thanks.
2 Replies

Former Community Member
There isn't much to go on but it can probably be quickly fixed. Are you using Javascript, or FormCalc?

Can you post a sample of the script so I can take a look at it?

Former Community Member
I'm having a similar problem. I have three dropdowns. The 2nd and 3rd dropdown are populated based on what's selected from the first. The 2nd dropdown is listing nothing. Here is the code:

begin

htp.print('
');

htp.print('
');

htp.formopen('doctracker.document_tracker.newdocsave', 'POST', cattributes => 'name="chris"');

htp.print('
');

htp.print('');

-- htp.tabledata('Tein:');

-- htp.tabledata(htf.formtext('lp_tein',8,8));

htp.print('');

PROCEDURE teps_teins_pop(lc_teps_deskcode IN VARCHAR2 DEFAULT NULL) IS

begin

htp.print('
');

END teps_teins_pop;

');

htp.print('Deskcode:');

htp.tabledata(htf.formselectopen(cname =>'lc_teps_deskcode',cattributes=>'STYLE="width:100px;" align="left" onChange="document.all.select_pop.src=''doctracker.document_tracker.teps_tein_pop?lc_teps_deskcode='' +document.chris.lc_teps_deskcode.value"') ||

htf.formselectclose);

htp.print('
');

htp.print('Tein:');

htp.tabledata(htf.formselectopen(cname =>'lc_tein',cattributes=>'STYLE="width:100px;" align="left" onchange="document.all.select_pop.src=''doctracker.document_tracker.teps_phase_pop?lc_tein='' +lc_tein.value"') ||

htf.formselectclose);

htp.print('