Expand my Community achievements bar.

Display mutiple columns in a drop down

Former Community Member
Has anyone found a way to display multiple columns in a drop down field? For example, I want to populate my drop down with an ID type field and associated DESCRIPTION1, DESCRIPTION2, DESCRIPTION3 and DESCRIPTION4 fields:

10100101 EXTERNAL COMBUSTION BOILERS ELECTRIC GENERATION ANTHRACITE COAL PULVERIZED COAL

10100102 EXTERNAL COMBUSTION BOILERS ELECTRIC GENERATION ANTHRACITE COAL TRAVELING GRATE (OVERFEED) STOKER

This was possible in Form Designer 5 - you could add one to many columns in a drop down and choose which columns to display, set a column width, and choose which column was the "text" property and which was the "value" property of the drop down. For example, in my sample above the text "ANTHRACITE COAL TRAVELING GRATE (OVERFEED) STOKER" would display in the drop down and the value "10100102" would be saved as the value.
2 Replies

Former Community Member
The closest you can come is, taking from your example, you add the item "ANTRACITE COAL TRAVELING GRATE (OVERFEED) STOKER" to your drop down. Then in the binding tab you give that item the value "10100102".

Chris

Adobe Enterprise Developer Support

Former Community Member
Yeah, I realize that, but this doesn't allow my to view both columns in the drop down. This, I presume, is a limitation of the Acrobat model.