Date: 9/23/2008 10:43:39 AM
Event ID: 1000
Task Category: (100)
Level: Error
Keywords: Classic
User: N/A
Computer: LHS-503.lakesidemed.com
Description:
Faulting application FormDesigner.exe, version 8.2.1.3144, time stamp 0x48366c39, faulting module FormDesigner.exe, version 8.2.1.3144, time stamp 0x48366c39, exception code 0xc0000005, fault offset 0x000a50cb, process id 0x1188, application start time 0x01c91da28aa99898.
Event Xml:

0x80000000000000

Application
LHS-503.lakesidemed.com

FormDesigner.exe
48366c39
FormDesigner.exe
48366c39
c0000005
000a50cb
01c91da28aa99898

17 Replies

Former Community Member
Hi at all,

We have the same problem (but without reinstall!)

In our company we have two licences of acrobat 9 pro extended, (one single licence and one licence out of CS3 design premium).

Since Tuesday 09.23.2008 it is not possible to start the LiveCycle (FormDesigner).

Before Tuesday the program works fine. The rest of acrobat 9 is running well.

Reinstall and repairinstall doesn't help :(

OS = XPpro SP3

Has somebody an idea what the reason might be?

Thanks a lot.

Best regards,

Bernhard Fetzer

Former Community Member
It is interesting to note that both of us started having the problem on the same date! I posted the problem right after I started having the problem because after spending quite a bit of time myself and then with Adobe Tech Support (Service Request # 180438675)I still don't have any idea. I have implemented all their suggestions and none of them work!

What this leads me to believe is that there was some event that took place OUTSIDE of our environments (Adobe's?) that is causing the problem. I was asked to look at/change the profile by Adobe TS and that has been fruitless. They asked me to set up a different logon Id and reinstall Acrobat Pro Ext/LiveCycle there and that works for a bit and then it automatically closes the application with a message hinting at some licensing issue.

This is VERY frustrating. I was working on Proof of Concept application with the idea of committing my company to LiveCycle full-blown depoyment. Now I am not so sure!

Former Community Member
to bernhard, prakash, and Adobe Tech Support-

i successfully created a form using Designer LC 8.2 on 9-27-08, then opened same form today to edit and was greeted with a Just-In-Time Debugger error (win32 exception). Acrobat 9 Pro Extended running fine, but reinstalled APEX just to see if that helped to no avail.

OS = XPpro SP3

i plan on trying my older version of Designer LC (with Acrobat 3D) at work tomorrow and then opening an Adobe Tech Support Service Request.

i wonder if this error is related to any CS4 changes or updates to licensing on the Adobe servers, etc?

best regards,

tom tuohey

Former Community Member
I have had the same experience. I installed Acrobat Pro 9 yesterday, and edited a pdf with livecycle last night without problems. Today, when I try to open the pdf (or any pdf) with livecycle I get: "An unhandled win32 exception occurred in FormDesigner.exe [4572], or [5920] or [228].

Ray

Former Community Member
Thanks for the update, Tom!

It looks like the problem manifests differently with Vista which is what I am using. Other people on other forums have also encountered the same problem. So this is not an isolated occurrence.

Hopefully Adobe Tech Supp. will now take this seriously and find a solution for us very quickly.

Former Community Member
hey fellow form designers-<br /><br />try this solution from Steve, worked for me!!<br /><br />Steve Pence - 12:29am Aug 12, 08 PST (#3 of 7) Edited: 12-Aug-2008 at 12:30am <br />I figured out the solution to this problem finally. I had to delete the following folder (8.2) under the designer subdirectory, <br />C:\Documents and Settings\<your ID>\Application Data\Adobe\Designer\8.2 <br />When I started Livecycle it recreated the folder and everything worked again. <br />Steve<br /><br />Best Regards,<br />tom

Former Community Member
Hi,

The solution is to uninstall SQL server 2008. It worked for me!

Shaq!!!

Former Community Member
Hi

Unistall SQL server 2008, work for me too

Thanks.

Former Community Member
I have never had SQL Server 2008 on my computer. I have deleted even older version of SQL Server and that still hasn't solved the problem.

Thanks for your input.

Level 10
Hi,

For what it is worth, we had similar problem (Windows XP SP3; LC ES 8.2; Acrobat v9 Pro Extended). Worked yesterday, then stopped working today.

Removed SQL Server 2005 (this has affected other programmes), but this did not solve it.

Removing folder 8.2 as detailed above did however solve it.

Thanks for your help!!

Regards,

Niall

Former Community Member
Hi all...<br /><br />Having had the same problem as the rest I tried to del the folder<br /><br />C:\Documents and Settings\<your ID>\Application Data\Adobe\Designer\8.2<br /><br />and the remains from CS3 older version Designer<br /><br />C:\Documents and Settings\<your ID>\Application Data\Adobe\Designer\8.0<br /><br />and it worked for me.<br /><br />Have no SQL Server version installed.<br /><br />Problem started when applying the distribute guide to an older form. Maybe I missed some info on how to use the distribute function, will study the howto's to learn more about it.<br /><br />//rg

Former Community Member
What is another solution besides uninstalling SQL Server 2008? This is not an option for me, and deleting the folder so it gets recreated did not do anything. Thanks.

Former Community Member
Paul,

That worked! Thanks SO much! You're a life saver! :)

Former Community Member
Finally got a chance to test the new solution to this problem.

I did what the KB article said. Then I completely re-installed Adobe Acrobat Pro 8.0, then went through and upgraded to 9 Pro Extended and it still crashes. When I agree to debug I get this message:

Unhandled exception at 0x004a50cb in FormDesigner.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0x00000000.

The Event Log has this entry:

Faulting application FormDesigner.exe, version 8.2.1.3144, time stamp 0x48366c39, faulting module FormDesigner.exe, version 8.2.1.3144, time stamp 0x48366c39, exception code 0xc0000005, fault offset 0x000a50cb, process id 0x191c, application start time 0x01c965ea6f1e5fab.

There is not a trace of SQL Server on my machine.

Former Community Member
How do I find out what my "ID" is in this instance:<br /><br />C:\Documents and Settings\<your ID>\Application Data\Adobe\Designer\8.2<br /><br />I'm looking to delete this folder to have livecycle 8.2 running again.

Former Community Member
Never Mind! I found it and it worked!!!!!<br /><br />Delete:<br /><br />C:\Documents and Settings\<your ID>\Application Data\Adobe\Designer\8.2<br /><br />Thanks guys.