Expand my Community achievements bar.

Designer 7.1

Level 10
I have just loaded Designer version 7.1 and some of the files are now opening in Acrobat (and Preview) with the following error message:

"ado2xfa operation failed. Item cannot be found in the collection corresponding to the requested name or ordinal."

I am fairly sure that it was not doing this with version 7.0 and it does not appear to be happening with all forms.

The form appears to work ok after clearing the message, but I would prefer to deal with the problem. Any ideas anyone?

Thanks,

Niall
2 Replies

Former Community Member
I can't say I know for certain what this error pertains to but is it possible that the forms that are showing this error are ones that contain a data connection to an ODBC Data Source?

Here's a
wild guess: Designer doesn't really have anything to do with Previewing the form. Once you preview, you're in Acrobat World and the "ado2xfa" message pertains to an ADO error encountered by the XFA plugin component in Acrobat. Using Designer 7.1 instead of 7.0 probably implies you're using a new version of Acrobat, correct? Is it possible that your data connections on the forms showing the error were referencing a column in a table which wasn't bound to any object on the form? If this column was since removed from the table in the database, this type of error message would be displayed (if the new version of Acrobat is more strict with ADO connection errors) but wouldn't affect your form since no object is bound to the (now) missing column.

Hopefully this helps you more than confuses you but it's the best I can do with the information you've provided.

Stefan

Adobe Systems

Level 10
Hi Stefan,

I deleted all of the data connections and reinstated them and that seems to have sorted out the problem.

Thanks for your help,

Niall