Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.

Deploying LC ES in operations environment

Former Community Member
I have read the Adobe LC ES Install Guide for Weblogic but don't quite understand the high-level deployment picture.

I need some help understanding which components of LC ES get installed on which server in a distributed system. I am running WebLogic server

Does the Solution Component Files get installed on the WebLogic Server or on the Client Machine (the user's machine)?

What EAR and JAR files get deployed to the App Server (Weblogic in my case)?

Thank you in advance for any help.

Phil
3 Replies

Level 4
Phil:

At the end of the configuration phase (LiveCycle Configuration Manager or LCM), you end up with four EAR files. You deploy these with the cluster as the deployment target.

LCM currently does not configure your cluster in terms of JDBC data sources and JMS stuff like queues and topics. Those have to be manually done, before you deploy your EARs.

There is nothing to deploy to clients. For your LiveCycle developers, you would install the LiveCycle Workbench and the LiveCycle Designer.

Former Community Member
Thank you Jayan. Do you know the names and function of each of the four deployed ear files?

Thank you.

Phil

Level 4
adobe-livecycle-jboss.ear

The main LiveCycle archive. The word "jboss" will be replaced with your appserver type (websphere, weblogic)

adobe-livecycle-native-jboss-x86_win32.ear

This LiveCycle archive contains native code that runs outside the JVM. Please note the CPU architecture in the filename.

adobe-workspace-client.ear

This is the Workspace application archive. Workspace is essentially a user GUI for LiveCycle Process Management (Workflow).

CAS_Adobe.ear

CAS = Celequest Activity Suite. The archive that contains IBM/Cognos BAM (Business Activity Monitoring) which is essentially a performance reporting dashboard for LiveCycle Process Management (Workflow).