Highlighted

Date Format

Jannae72

Jannae72

Jannae72

24-02-2009

I'm relatively new at Livecycle Designer. I'm creating an on-line form where our clients enter their birthday. I am looking for assistance in formatting the field so no matter how the enter it in eg 20 April 1976 it will automatically convert it to 20 Apr 1976?

Can anyone help me.

Replies

Highlighted

pguerett

Total Posts

Correct Answer

pguerett

Total Posts

Correct Answer

pguerett

25-02-2009

Have a look at the display pattern on the date field. Also the date field will bring up a calendar when it is activated ....so the user does not get to enter it in different formats.
Highlighted

Jannae72

Jannae72

Jannae72

25-02-2009

Thanks Paul. I have the display pattern already set but I am still able to type in a date. What do I have to do that makes the client choose the calendar and not type something in?
Highlighted

Steve_L_Walker

Total Posts

Correct Answer

Steve_L_Walker

Total Posts

Correct Answer

Steve_L_Walker

25-02-2009

Julie,

I think you are asking if you can pop open the calendar window when a user tabs into the field or puts mouse focus on the field. You cannot. To open the calendar window you have to click the drop-down arrow. The date/time field is designed to provide the option of date entry or date selection.

Perhaps you could give the date/time field a Default value that induces the user to click the drop-down. Something like 'use window >>>>>'.

Steve
Highlighted

mykelti_cm

mykelti_cm

mykelti_cm

18-06-2009

Hi,

My problem is somewhat related but I want the exact opposite to happen. I do not want the calendar window to  pop up when the dropdown arrow in the date/time field is clicked. I wanted the user to manually input the data(in my case, time) which I have already set the format. Is this possible? Can someone teach me how ? Thanks!