Former Community Member
Hello,

it seems there's no way to turn off compression

when a paperform barcode (datamatrix type) is

used on the Adobe Reader.

Is that right?
9 Replies

Former Community Member
If you are using a 2D barcode that dynamically updates while inside the free Adobe Reader you will need to license the technology from Adobe. You can use the 2D barcode in a static format though and it should be in plain text.

Former Community Member
Hello,

I was unable to find any pricing plan for this

licensing (which i suppose refers to livecycle reader extensions).

Do you have more information?

Former Community Member
Hi Alessandro,

You will need pricing on Adobe LiveCycle Barcoded Forms. Your Adobe rep should be able to provide you with pricing. You will need to provide them with answers to two simply questions, how many forms would you like to enable with this technology, and how many customers or constituents will have access to these forms.

You should also consider Reader Extensions too since it will allow your form users to save their forms off-line as well as submit forms electronically outside the browser if you would like to offer a form solution that allows for both "ink" and digital based signatures.

Former Community Member
Thanks, I will ask for pricing. Can you confirm

the the Adobe Reader for Linux does not support

barcodes?

Former Community Member
I believe that static PDF417 barcodes can be rendered under Linux but dynamic are not available.

Former Community Member
What about static datamatrix barcodes under linux?

will dynamic ones be added in a reasonable timeframe?

what about the same features on the reader for Mac ?

where can I find a document saying what is supported

and what is not on the different platforms?

thanks in advance.

Former Community Member
I didn't forget about you...just looking into which versions, what platforms, and when.

In the mean time can you tell me what your requirements are? Do you have a lot of Linux desktop users?

Former Community Member
Thanks alot for your efforts.

Actually not, but I'm not inclined to have Windows

as a requirement for form filling ;)

Former Community Member
Hi Alessandro,

In regards to the Reader & Platform requirement, if you were to implement Barcoded Forms the forms that were not rendered with the 2D barcode could simply be exceptioned by the decoder into a dedicated folder. Even if a small percentage of the forms came back without the 2D barcode the return on investment on the technology would still be enourmous.