Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.

Create link to another part of the form

Former Community Member
Hi all,

I have created a dynamic form that contains two work plans. Users will fill out one or the other, but not both. I want to provide links to the beginning of each work plan. I cannot reference specific page numbers as the form is dynamic and the page count will change as the form is filled in. What is the code I need to use to do this. I assume I have to reference specific form objects, such as the tables housing the work plans, but I'm not sure what code I need to use.

Thank you in advance.

Jennifer
2 Replies

Former Community Member
Jennifer, I use a Button object. First, add a field on the page you want to go to. At the beginning of the work plan add a Button using this JavaScript on the Click Event:

xfa.host.setFocus("Page1.SubformName.TextField");

(change your subform/field names as needed). The field can be visible or hidden. When you click on the button, your cursor will jump to that spot. I use this function to jump through multiple page documents.

Former Community Member
Is that also possible for subform instances?

I tried this code:

xfa.host.setFocus("Page.Form.resolveNode("Subform[" + i.toString() + "].Textfield")");

But this code crashes directly. What was my mistake?