Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.

Converting html to pdf form and fields

Former Community Member
Hello All,

I am experimenting with this product to create a form which was formerly in html format. I was able to convert the form into a PDF but the field bindings (names?) all came in as coded entries like "MEIPEHNOMIJFJKLPKEMMCELIAILGOEPJ.form1.x.f5" UGH!

There are some 200 form fields in this form, none of them are recognizable by such bindings. Is there a way to view all form fields and correct them to new names in, perhaps, a table form?

Thanks in advance,

Tink
3 Replies

Former Community Member
I feel yr pain. In our experience it is best practice to create the form in livecycle designer.

FWIW you can always load your generated form into Adobe Desginer (if you have a copy) and refactor it freely from there.

hope it helps,

Lachlan

http://www.avoka.com

Former Community Member
Hello Lachlan,

What a lovely name. Thanks for responding.

I think I am swooning from fear and trepidation. I did convert the form, which brought in the background html text, I suppose as art work -- rather than editable text? Furthermore, it printed the name of the file at the bottom of the page? Oh that is so not what I wanted :(

Now, to think that there is not a table where I can glance at all the fields as if in a spreadsheet, is that really so? There is no table view of fields?

I was so impressed when the form fields came in, so unimpressed that it didn't recognize their names. I wondered if I did something wrong, or if there were a way that I could go from html to something else and have more success converting.

Gads...and to think I was going to gift this work to a research project. Now I'm thinking I am nuts for even trying to tackle it.

Tink

Former Community Member
You can try the HTML to PDF Converter integrated into PDF Creator for .NET . You can download it from http://www.winnovative-software.com .