Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session

Convert XFA-Forms in AcroForms

Level 2
Hello,

is there a possibility to convert a pdf which contains a xml form to an pdf with the same form as AcroForm?

Background: I want to create a form with the designer but I need a pdf with acroform without xml form because there is an acrobat plugin which need acroform

Chris ;-)
4 Replies

Level 2
I think "cannot" is not the answer ;-)

Is there any library which can do this task? I only want to use some simple controls like textfield, radios or checkboxes - not difficult!

Or exist any manual procedure to convert the pdf?

Former Community Member

I'm certainly not an expert, but perhaps you could strip all the form fields and use Acrobat to automatically create all new form fields. This shouldn't take too lang if you have fewer than 50 or so fields, even if needing to match field names, etc.  You would, of course, lose feautures associated with a Designer form.

Good luck.

Former Community Member

You can do it but its quite a job and in a way it will be like designing the form twice. First, you will add and layout all your fields in Designer. Then once you are happy with the layout, you need to PRINT the form to PDF (Note: this is Print and not Save As). It will then be a flat page with no fields on it. Then you can open that flat PDF in Acrobat and then add the fields again where the old fields used to be. None of the Designer functionality will exist in this new form so you cant add scripts in designer and bring them into the Acroform. Scripts will need to be added in Acrobat itself.