Expand my Community achievements bar.

Convert .html file

Former Community Member
Can you not feed in an HTML file to the Generator for conversion to PDF? E.g. c:\\test.html

Does the generator only take in a URL? Ive been looking for another service to do what I need but have not gotten any to work yet. Any suggestions?
4 Replies

Former Community Member
Hi,

Using the web service interface, you can send a file as an attachment to the Generator without providing the URL. This works well for MS Office documents, pictures or text files. I haven't experienced with html files, so I don't know what happens with links or embedded content such as pictures included in the HTML page. I guess linked pictures must be accessible from the Adobe PDF Generator server.

You can also use the watchfolder interfaces: simply copy your file to the appropriate folder and it will be converted.

Former Community Member
I get com.adobe.livecycle.generatepdf.client.FileFormatNotSupportedException when I try to pass in the HTML document to the CreatePDF function.

Former Community Member
you need to pass in the file to the HtmlToPDF function as "file:///c:/test.html"

Former Community Member
Hi,

Have you tried the same conversion with other file formats ? Just to determine if the html format is not supported in your case or if the way you provide the file name is not correct. Can you successfully convert a simple text file?