Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.

Convert .html file

Former Community Member
Can you not feed in an HTML file to the Generator for conversion to PDF? E.g. c:\\test.html

Does the generator only take in a URL? Ive been looking for another service to do what I need but have not gotten any to work yet. Any suggestions?
4 Replies

Former Community Member
Hi,

Using the web service interface, you can send a file as an attachment to the Generator without providing the URL. This works well for MS Office documents, pictures or text files. I haven't experienced with html files, so I don't know what happens with links or embedded content such as pictures included in the HTML page. I guess linked pictures must be accessible from the Adobe PDF Generator server.

You can also use the watchfolder interfaces: simply copy your file to the appropriate folder and it will be converted.

Former Community Member
I get com.adobe.livecycle.generatepdf.client.FileFormatNotSupportedException when I try to pass in the HTML document to the CreatePDF function.

Former Community Member
you need to pass in the file to the HtmlToPDF function as "file:///c:/test.html"

Former Community Member
Hi,

Have you tried the same conversion with other file formats ? Just to determine if the html format is not supported in your case or if the way you provide the file name is not correct. Can you successfully convert a simple text file?