Expand my Community achievements bar.

Connection for Source (dataconnection) failed because the environment is not trusted

Former Community Member
I have a table built in SQL that is connected to my form via a database connection. When I preview the form I get the following message. When I select OK it previews the form wit the first record shown in the binding.

Connection for Source (dataconnection) failed because the environment is not trusted

Please help!

Thank you

Jeff
2 Replies

Former Community Member
There are browser settings that control whether you allow getting data from other sources (than where the current page is loaded). In preview you are loading the PDF in an browser ActiveX control so that is why this is coming up. You may also have to add the other server name to your trusted site list in the browser.

Former Community Member
I believe that you will need to certify the form. When Adobe released version 7 of Acrobat/Reader, they added additional security which is preventing this from working. If you certify your PDF, you should not receive this error message. See the Designer help (To create a data connection) for more details.