Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.

Configuration Manager - Error on Configuring EARs "Could not clean working directory"

Former Community Member

Hi,

I've got an ES2.5 turnkey installation on Windows 64bit JBoss - it was giving an error when I ran configuration Manager.  I'm recording it here for future reference if other people get this error also

On Step one (Configure EAR files), was always giving the error "ALC-LCM-000-000" could not clean working directory

Livecycle was previously installed (and runs OK), but re-running Config Manager always gave this error.

To get around this, I found that once I stopped JBoss, and restarted Configuration Manager without JBoss running, I was able to Configure the EARs without this problem

The Config Manager log always recorded the stack trace error below:

[2011-07-22 10:32:15,135], SEVERE, Thread-5, com.adobe.livecycle.lcm.feature.configureLC.MergeEars2, Could not clean working directory
com.adobe.livecycle.lcm.core.LCMException[ALC-LCM-000-000]: Could not clean working directory
    at com.adobe.livecycle.lcm.feature.configureLC.MergeEars2.cleanDirectory(MergeEars2.java:474)
    at com.adobe.livecycle.lcm.feature.configureLC.MergeEars2.init(MergeEars2.java:336)
    at com.adobe.livecycle.lcm.feature.configureLC.MergeEars2.mergeEars(MergeEars2.java:192)
    at com.adobe.livecycle.lcm.feature.configureLC.MergeEars.mergeEars(MergeEars.java:203)
    at com.adobe.livecycle.lcm.feature.configureLC.MergeEars.mergeNativeEars(MergeEars.java:167)
    at com.adobe.livecycle.lcm.feature.configureLC.MergeEars.mergeAllEars(MergeEars.java:90)
    at com.adobe.livecycle.lcm.feature.configureLC.MergeEarsTask$ActualTask.<init>(MergeEarsTask.java:72)
    at com.adobe.livecycle.lcm.feature.configureLC.MergeEarsTask$1.construct(MergeEarsTask.java:51)
    at com.adobe.livecycle.lcm.core.tasks.SwingWorker$2.run(SwingWorker.java:114)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)
Caused by: java.io.IOException: Unable to delete directory ..\working\configureLC\mergeTmp\tmp.
    at org.apache.commons.io.FileUtils.deleteDirectory(FileUtils.java:781)
    at org.apache.commons.io.FileUtils.forceDelete(FileUtils.java:1079)
    at org.apache.commons.io.FileUtils.cleanDirectory(FileUtils.java:811)
    at com.adobe.livecycle.lcm.feature.configureLC.MergeEars2.cleanDirectory(MergeEars2.java:466)
    ... 9 more

2 Replies

Level 3

Hi,

Are you still facing this issue?

Did you run LCM with the same user who installed it?

Also, could you confirm that an anti-virus isn't running on your system with on-access scan enabled that might be preventing the LCM to delete this file?

Thanks,

Hina Rastogi

Former Community Member

Good spot.  Turning off the Anti-Virus seems to have done the trick.  Thanks!