Highlighted

Combining forms

25-02-2009

I need to create three forms. One is already in a PDF and the other two will have to be created from blank forms. I need them to all be in one document so when I send them out the person can open one file and see all three forms. Is this possible?

Thank you!

Replies

Highlighted

pguerett

25-02-2009

There is an offering from Adobe Professional Services where they combine the forms into a single xdp on the fly then render that. This solution requires you to have a server product called Livecyle Forms.
Highlighted

25-02-2009

Okay. So if I only have LiveCycle Designer 8 then I can't do much about it?

I also have another question while you're here. I'm trying to add 14 days to the current date. I can't seem to figure it out. I'm sure it's obvious by now that I know nothing about livecycle.

Thanks for all your help!
Highlighted

pguerett

25-02-2009

Unless you want to combine all three into a common design then no.

Date arithmethic is quite simple using FormCalc. You need to use the Date2Num function. This will give you t he number of days that have elapsed since a set point in time (called the epoch). When you have that you can add the number of days that you want then use num2Date to turn that number back into a date. The code woudl look something like this:

// Get the number of days from the epoch for the starting date

var startDays = Date2Num(DateField.rawValue, "YYYY-MM-DD")

// add 14 to the number of days

var finishDays = startDays + 14

//Change the result back into a date

FinishDate.rawValue = Num2Date(finishDays, "YYYY-MM-DD")

If you want to use Javascript it can be done but it is much more involved.
Highlighted

25-02-2009

Thank you!!! I knew it would be easy.

As for the forms, what does combining all three forms into a common design do? I'm willing to at least try and it see if it looks okay. What are the steps?

Thank you again!
Highlighted

pguerett

25-02-2009

Open each individual design and select everything (Ctrl-a) and paste it into the common form. You will have to do this on a page by page basis.
Highlighted