Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Combining forms

Former Community Member
I need to create three forms. One is already in a PDF and the other two will have to be created from blank forms. I need them to all be in one document so when I send them out the person can open one file and see all three forms. Is this possible?

Thank you!
10 Replies

Former Community Member
Are you expecting these to be interactive forms or are they print forms?

Former Community Member
There is an offering from Adobe Professional Services where they combine the forms into a single xdp on the fly then render that. This solution requires you to have a server product called Livecyle Forms.

Former Community Member
Okay. So if I only have LiveCycle Designer 8 then I can't do much about it?

I also have another question while you're here. I'm trying to add 14 days to the current date. I can't seem to figure it out. I'm sure it's obvious by now that I know nothing about livecycle.

Thanks for all your help!

Former Community Member
Unless you want to combine all three into a common design then no.

Date arithmethic is quite simple using FormCalc. You need to use the Date2Num function. This will give you t he number of days that have elapsed since a set point in time (called the epoch). When you have that you can add the number of days that you want then use num2Date to turn that number back into a date. The code woudl look something like this:

// Get the number of days from the epoch for the starting date

var startDays = Date2Num(DateField.rawValue, "YYYY-MM-DD")

// add 14 to the number of days

var finishDays = startDays + 14

//Change the result back into a date

FinishDate.rawValue = Num2Date(finishDays, "YYYY-MM-DD")

If you want to use Javascript it can be done but it is much more involved.

Former Community Member
Thank you!!! I knew it would be easy.

As for the forms, what does combining all three forms into a common design do? I'm willing to at least try and it see if it looks okay. What are the steps?

Thank you again!

Former Community Member
Open each individual design and select everything (Ctrl-a) and paste it into the common form. You will have to do this on a page by page basis.

Former Community Member
Thank you very much! I'm one step closer to being done with this project.

Former Community Member
When I combine all the forms it makes it so I can't write in two of the forms. Is there any way around this?

Former Community Member
Were you able to write in them before combining?

Do you have fields and other such objects on the forms or did you simply import the word doc and use the result of that?