Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.

coerce object error out of assembler

Level 2
I have a livecycle process that uses Assembler to create a PDF package. I then want to reader extend that package. I believe that I have to use "AssemblerResult" as the output type for the Assembler service but when it is passed to ReaderExtension, I get a "cannot coerce object from AssemblerResult to document type. Any thoughts on how to get around this??
2 Replies

Level 10
Your are correct that the Assembler service returns an AssemblerResult object. <br /><br />However the ReaderExtension service doesn't take an AssemblerResult as in input, it takes a document object.<br /><br />You need to extract the document from the AssemblerResult using the following xPath:<br /><br />/process_data/@myDoc = /process_data/assresult/object/documents[@id='out.pdf']<br /><br />out.pdf is the name you would give to the resulted document in your result tag in the DDX.<br /><br /><PDF result="pdf2image_res.pdf"><br /><br />Jasmin

Level 2
Thank you! That is exactly what I needed.