Expand my Community achievements bar.

July 31st AEM Gems Webinar: Elevate your AEM development to master the integration of private GitHub repositories within AEM Cloud Manager.

capuring data from barcoded froms

Level 4
Hi, I defined a simple workflow initiated by watched folder endpoint. workflow has 2 processes: decode and extractToXML. I copy a pdf file to input directory of the watched folder and get the below exception:<br /><br />aused by: ALC-BCF-002-004: PDFException. Caused by: com.adobe.internal.pdftoolkit.core.exceptions.PDFException: Processing of barcode images in dynamic PDF form not supported: No 'page content' found<br /> at com.adobe.barcodedforms.decoder.image.PDFImageIterator.<init>(PDFImageIterator.java:82)<br /> at com.adobe.barcodedforms.decoder.image.ImageIteratorFactory.getInstance(ImageIteratorFactory.java:42)<br /> at com.adobe.barcodedforms.decoder.reader.BarcodeReader.decode(BarcodeReader.java:67)<br /> at com.adobe.livecycle.barcodedforms.BarcodedFormsService.decode(BarcodedFormsService.java:292)<br /> at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
25 Replies

Former Community Member
You can not use compression with hand held scanners. The compression mechanism is FLATE but I have yet to find a hand scanner that can decompress FLATE.

The only way around this with a hand scanner is to have the hand scanner write the raw data to disk and have a back-end process deFLATE the data (and skip the first 2 bits in the data-stream).

Level 8
Level 8
Hi again - and thanks for your reply Lee.

Infact what you suggest is also my intention (I might use one of the 2d barcode APIs which is available outthere for creating the decompression mechanism). But this does not solve the problme that exist with the decode-service in Livecycle as it will still produce errorneous data sets from the barcode (like described above). Hope one of you can explain what I can do to avoid this problem.

Thanks in advance

Sincerely

Kim

Level 8
Level 8
Hi Lee,

Could you give me a pointer to where I should look for help on usage of XSLT within LiveCycle?

I am trying to make my output from the barcode follow a schema I have created for my form.

Thanks in advance

Sincerely

Kim

Former Community Member
If you're not familiar with XSLT then I would highly recommend picking up a copy of Altova MapForce. You can get the standard version for US$ 269 which allows you to graphically map from one schema definition to another and then generate the XSLT required to do the mappings. There is a fully functional 30-day trial if you would like to try it out first.<br /><br />Once you have your XSLT ready, drag and drop the XSLT Transform Service into your process. <br /><br />Here are a few tips:<br /><br />- Leave the Factory Name blank. You need only specify this parameter if you would to change the factory being used.<br />- The XML Source should be the source of the XML that you would like to be input into your transformation process (NOT THE LIST, a single XML document or a document in your list)<br />- The transformation result is the XML variable for your output.<br />- For the XSLT Source, click on the properties of the literal value and you'll be provide with a window that lets you paste in the appropriate XSLT, another for some test XML, and a result Window to show you how the service will operate.<br /><br />If you do run into problems, use the Variable Logger to see what your XML data looks like prior to running the transformation service and copy the contents of your XML input variable into the XSLT service test window. Make sure this works before testing the whole process.<br /><br />If you run into an output error, remove the entire "<xsl:output...>" line from the XSLT generated by MapForce.