Expand my Community achievements bar.

Capture a field and make that the subject line?

Former Community Member
Great forum. Looks like I will be coming here and getting new tricks. Thanks for the support.

I am new to this so if this has been covered bear with me.

I would like to capture a field and make that value the subject line for the email when the user submits the form.

Specifically...use the Headlining Act Field as the Subject Line for the email.

Is this really obvious and I just missed it?

thanks.
5 Replies

Former Community Member
You'll have to use script to modify the mailto: string of the email submit button based on the value of the field. Here's a simple example.

Chris

Adobe Enterprise Developer Support

Former Community Member
I've tried this code to modify a couple of my own forms and it worked fine, thank you. However, whereas in the older version the xml data file retained the blank form filename it now generates a random character filename. Is there any way to also predetermine the xml data filename as well as define the subject line?

Many thanks

Former Community Member
I also tried this with great success.

It took me a little bit to figure out how to find the scripting in your example though:)

total newb here.

I certainly appreciate it.

Former Community Member
dbuchanan,

You were asking about predetermining the name of the XML data file that gets generated when you submit data from Acrobat.

The name of the XML data file should always be the name of the file. Therefore, if the PDF file is named "test.pdf", the data file should end-up being "test.xml". The only catch is that if the form is opened in a browser, it means that it's been saved locally in a temporary folder
and with a temporary file name. That's when you start getting an XML data file that's named something like "TGA123DE.xml".

I know this may not necessarily solve your problem but I think it may at least explain why you're seeing different (unpredictable) XML data file names.

Stefan

Adobe Systems