Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.

CANNOT IMPORT FORM RESPONSE

Level 1
Using Acro 8, I sent out a form, and asked the respondent to return input by pushing the submit button. His response arrives in the form of an .xml file, which I download and save. I get instructions which say: Open original blank form, then In Acrobat, choose Advanced > Forms > Import Data to Current Form.

Well in Acrobat 8, there is no such menu. There is a choice Forms > Manage Form Data > Import Data but when I select this and select the .xml file, nothing happens.

What am I doing wrong?

If the respondent just saves his input as .pdf and sends me this .pdf as an attachment, I can see it, but that is not what Acrobat intended.
2 Replies

Former Community Member
Two things...

Make sure the XML actually has response data in it by opening it in a text editor.

Make sure that the XML hasn't been munged by email servers by adding characters to it and is still valid.

Sabian

Level 1
Thanks, Sabian:

Yes, my xml contains data such as yes, no, maybe

The .xml I receive is accompanied by instructions that say "to view the completed form: 1) save the xml file 2) open a blank copy of the original pdf, 3) in Acrobat, choose Advanced > Forms > Import Data and browse for the xml 4) you will see the data"

Well in Acrobat 8, there is no such menu. If I select Forms > Manage Form Data > Import instead, and navigate to the xml, nothing happens - nothing is imported, and I see no data. Is that what I should select?

I cannot attach my original form - can I send it by e-mail?

Long time ago I heard of Zildjians that made proprietary cymbal alloys - are you related?