Expand my Community achievements bar.

CANNOT IMPORT FORM RESPONSE

Level 1
Using Acro 8, I sent out a form, and asked the respondent to return input by pushing the submit button. His response arrives in the form of an .xml file, which I download and save. I get instructions which say: Open original blank form, then In Acrobat, choose Advanced > Forms > Import Data to Current Form.

Well in Acrobat 8, there is no such menu. There is a choice Forms > Manage Form Data > Import Data but when I select this and select the .xml file, nothing happens.

What am I doing wrong?

If the respondent just saves his input as .pdf and sends me this .pdf as an attachment, I can see it, but that is not what Acrobat intended.
2 Replies

Former Community Member
Two things...

Make sure the XML actually has response data in it by opening it in a text editor.

Make sure that the XML hasn't been munged by email servers by adding characters to it and is still valid.

Sabian

Level 1
Thanks, Sabian:

Yes, my xml contains data such as yes, no, maybe

The .xml I receive is accompanied by instructions that say "to view the completed form: 1) save the xml file 2) open a blank copy of the original pdf, 3) in Acrobat, choose Advanced > Forms > Import Data and browse for the xml 4) you will see the data"

Well in Acrobat 8, there is no such menu. If I select Forms > Manage Form Data > Import instead, and navigate to the xml, nothing happens - nothing is imported, and I see no data. Is that what I should select?

I cannot attach my original form - can I send it by e-mail?

Long time ago I heard of Zildjians that made proprietary cymbal alloys - are you related?