Expand my Community achievements bar.

Cannot get the web service to work

Former Community Member
Yes, I'm a newbe.

I have created a simple web service on my localhost in .net. It works fine. It takes in a string, compares it with a field in a table and outputs a bool stating whether it was found or not.

I then created a new form. In Data View, I setup the data connection, and it found my web service and the one method just fine, and I set the preview type to interactive form.

To be safe, I had Designer auto-generate the fields, which gives me a button to click to execute the code. When I do a PDF preview in Designer 7, and click the button, nothing happens. I look at the web service, and I do not see any activity in the logs, so the form is not even hitting it.

(This is similar to the post by Joseph Gaus on 08:15am Nov 17, 2005 Pacific) except isn't it Designer 7 executing the scripts, not reader? How do I tell?

Can anybody let me know what I'm doing wrong?

Also, is there a debug feature where you can see what the code is doing?

Thanks in advance,

Ray
4 Replies

Former Community Member
I am sure that I understand but:

It is not Designer that is executing it must be Acrobat standard or higher.

Reader do not work!

/Ulf

Former Community Member
As Ulf said. Make sure that you are using Acrobat to preview your forms as the free Adobe Reader does not support the Web Service functionality.

Denver

Adobe Enterprise Developer Support

Former Community Member
Thanks, I'm checking to see if we have Acrobat available, so I can test. I appreciate both of your help in this matter.

Former Community Member
Ray,

I am having the same problem. Did you ever resolve this issue? My form is not calling my web service, both in "PDF Preview" in LiveCycle Designer, and when I open it with Acrobat Professional.

What is the secret to getting a form to execute a web service call from LiveCycle Designer?

Thanks,

Dennis