Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Calculation

Level 2
Can any great genius pls help me out on this?<br /><br />I have a radio button with options of selecting a 5% or 10% discount and a Total Price numeric field.<br /><br />I need help in creating a script for:<br /><br />If Radio Button is selected then<br />Total Price = Sum(a,b,c) <already on FormCalc/Calculate Event> * Price Discount <radio Button in ExclGroup><br /><br />Please help... i've been working on it for days...
5 Replies

Level 4
Hi Win,

Can't you make an if-statement to see wich rdo is selected and then calculate that discount?

Regards,

Level 2
Hi Ronny,<br />I'm sorry i guess i'm too new to have understand your question to script on the above.<br /><br />Currently, i have a Total Price field at calculate event on <FormCalc>with the following:<br /><br />$.rawValue = Sum (a,b,c) * Prem: computation is accurate but Total Price is not reflected in the field when the Discount <Radio button> is not selected.<br /><br />So when i transform the script language to Javascript, it doesn't work at all.<br /><br />So i want the premium to be reflected even when radio button is not selected and then calculate the actual Total Price when form filler selects the type of discount.<br /><br />Can you help on this?

Level 4
Hi Win,

I created a sample below is the formcalc script I have on the calculate-event of the Total-field.

if (rdoDiscount.rawValue eq "5") then

$ = (Sum(numVal[*]) * (5/100)) + Sum(numVal[*]);

elseif (rdoDiscount.rawValue eq "10") then

$ = (Sum(numVal[*]) * (10/100)) + Sum(numVal[*]);

elseif (rdoDiscount.rawValue eq "15") then

$ = (Sum(numVal[*]) * (15/100)) + Sum(numVal[*]);

else

$ Sum(numVal[*]);

endif

For the rest I have two value fields (both named numVal)

and three radiobuttons with the value specified in the Binding properties.

If you would like the sample I can mail it to you.

Regards,

RonnyR

Former Community Member
Hi,

I think that a good solution could be use a drop-down-list (if you can)

In his Exit event you can call a function to whom pass the value selected.

obviously the function makes the calculations you want.

No "if" statement and better maintenance of the code :-)

I hope this helps.

Roberto Bellarmino

Level 2
Dear Ronny,

Thanks so much.

Yes, maybe if you can mail me the sample for a better reference.

Sorry for the trouble.

Regards,

Win