Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.

Calculating and Displaying Dates in Javascript

Former Community Member
Hello,

I'm working on a flowchart form for my work, and am having issues getting a date to a) add correctly and b) display only certain portions of the date.

I have four fields:

CurrentDate - Displays the Current Date in MM/DD/YYYY format

DropDownList1 - Contains a list of projects end users can choose from

TextField1 - Displays text that tells the end user how many days the proejct will take

DateField1 - Should add the CurrentDate + the Number of days the project will take and return a new date in the same MM/DD/YYYY format

*Disclaimer* - I am not very experienced with scripting, and chose to go with JavaScript as I do have some previous past experience.

Here is what I have for my code right now:

if (DropDownList1.rawValue == 1){

TextField1.rawValue = "2 Days";

var AddDate = (Date.valueOf(CurrentDate) + (2*1000*60*60*24));

DateField1.formattedValue = Date(AddDate);

}

else if (DropDownList1.rawValue == 2){

TextField1.rawValue = "1 Day";

}

else if (DropDownList1.rawValue == 3){

}

else if (DropDownList1.rawValue == 4){

}

else if (DropDownList1.rawValue == 5){

TextField1.rawValue = "4 Days";

}

else if (DropDownList1.rawValue == 6){

TextField1.rawValue = "5 Days";

}

else if (DropDownList1.rawValue == 7){

TextField1.rawValue = "4 Day";

}

The end result is that the TextField1 displays the correct day, but the DateField1 displays a long string of the exact time and date of... well, the time - so no adding takes place. What I need is for the date to be displayed as MM/DD/YYYY. What am I doing wrong? I've only added the calculation to the first "if" statement, and will continue on to the rest once it is functioning.
21 Replies

Level 3

I have a date field validated to display as MMYY. I want my date field to start at 0114. I need the end date to end at 1214. Is this possible? How would this be coded in java script or formcalc?