Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.

Adobe Livecycle Designer 8.0 launches Acrobat 8.1.1 instead

Former Community Member
I use
Vista OS. When
Adobe Livecycle Designer 8.0 is launched, the splash screen is displayed and then the main window pops up only for a split second before launching
Adobe Acrobat 8.1.1 Professional instead.

I've tried
Repairing Acrobat Installation under the Help menu in Adobe Acrobat, but it hasn't helped the situation.

I had this same problem on my old computer running XP with Acrobat 7.0 Professional & Livecycle 7.0 and the problem was fixed by repairing something in the registry. The tech described that it had some conflict with some trial software but I do not know if that is the case in this instance nor do I remember the specific keys that were searched & deleted.

How do I remedy this situation?
8 Replies

Former Community Member
i had the same problem, i only got around it by uninstalling and reinsatlling all adobe software. bummer

Level 7
If you preview the PDF in LiveCycle Designer, Acrobat's JavaScript Debugging console is used to display error messages from running scripts.

Former Community Member
I am having the same issue but everytime I try to uninstall all of my CS3 including acrobat 8 pro it says that acrobat 8 pro failed to uninstall.

I decided to go ahead and re-install everything, but I'm sure its not going to work... since I never really uninstalled 8 pro.

We'll see how it goes.

Former Community Member
I am having the same problem where LiveCycle begins to load and then launches Acrobat 8. I have tried reinstalling and had no luck. Has anyone found a fix?

Former Community Member
I had the same issue. I have a brand new computer running Vista and the only software that I have installed is what came from the manufacturer and Acrobat 8 Pro. I downloaded the trial version of Livecycle ES over the weekend and think that may have been the problem.My system was running a bit odd with some forms I was working on Wed. Problem happened yesterday, I tried uninstalling and reinstalling that didn't work, tried different set up points. I finally caved and reverted the computer back to factory settings by the backup and reinstalled everything and am back to running normal.

Former Community Member
Hi

I have Acrobat Professional 8.1.2. I am using Live Cycle Designer 8. I need to come up with a way to use drop down menus, linked to .jpg images. Let's say menu 1, line 3 is linked to .jpg image 23. Only image 23 is visible when line 3 in menu 1 is selected. All the images need to be embedded in the document. There will be approximately 5 menus and approximately 40 images. Menu 1 would work the same as menu2,3,4 and 5. I am not a Java Script person. If any one reading this has any ideas or help, please let me know.

Thank you all

bob yettah

Former Community Member
Here is a TechNote on the issue that will step you through deleting a couple of registry values that will cure your ills....

http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewContent.do?externalId=kb402060&sliceId=2

Level 1

I have this problem too. Does this fix work with Windows 8.1? I tried to follow instructions in Tech Note but can't find software keys for Adobe (except Flash which is under Macromedia)