Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Assign task to multiple users in parallel

Former Community Member
I am using Adobe Livecycle ES.I have used the User service(Process management)to assign task to specific user for sequential routing.

How to assign task to multiple users in parallel routing using User Service? ( the number of users are varied at run time)
8 Replies

Level 10
It's a bit tricky to assign task to a variable number of users. The Gateway service is good, but when you know the number of user ahead of time.

If you don't know the number of users ahead of time, you'll need to be a bit creative and use the Gateway service (to assign the task to a user) and then loopback to it n number of times so that multiple users will get the item.

Then the other part you'll need to worry about is when users will complete their task. You'll need to have a condition outside of the Gateway to check if all users a done, before moving forward with the rest of the process.

Jasmin

Former Community Member
Thanks Jasmin.

In our application , the workflow assign task to reviewers parallel and do not required their completion of his/her task.Because he/she only view the form.

Former Community Member
ok,lets say you have 10 users in a xml file. You would loop through the 10 users and call a sub process inside the loop.

let me know if you need help on this,we have done this many times

mergeandfuse@gmail.com

Former Community Member
Hi WorkflowUser,

I have used Gateway service and find the solution.

Any way send your logic to my email : kumaresan.raju@wipro.com

Level 9
We have a component which allows voting, if this is required in your solution. See:

http://avoka.dnsalias.com/confluence/display/Public/Group+Voting+in+LiveCycle

For more details.

It supports arbitrary numbers of voters, and has several different ways of "counting the votes".

Howard

http://www.avoka.com

Former Community Member
Hi, i'm having a little trouble assigning to a dynamic number of users in parallel. Currently i have a gateway with the no-wait option looping back to itself to assign to multi users. The problem that i'm having is that after the first run (which works) i can't run the process again. I can open the form and submit, but the process doesn't fire and its not listed in the admin console. I've checked the server log and can't see an explicit error anywhere.

I was wondering is this the right route to take? What i was going to do was after it assigns that last user, have another loop that checks for a flag that would be set as soon as a user completes the task.

Former Community Member
Whoops, sry, got it working, just a little logical error. But i am still interested to hear if anyone else has another way to accomplish this rather than using a loop at the end to check a flag to see if someone has completed the task. It just seems a little resource heavy. Of course i could put a wait in there but still not the ideal solution in my mind.

Former Community Member
You can use events to recieve the signal that the task is complete. There's no need to proactively check for the flag.

scott