Expand my Community achievements bar.

ant run fails every time; ant cleancompile seems to run fine

Former Community Member
Following both DataExtraction samples, I get snagged on the "ant run" step and don't know where to look for a solution. Here's a snippet of what I type and what results:

localhost:/opt/adobe/livecycle8/LiveCycle_ES_SDK/samples/Forms/DataExtractionandUpdateDB/build # ant run

Buildfile: build.xml

run:

[java] java.lang.IllegalStateException

[java] at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.ExecuteJava.execute(ExecuteJava.java:180)

[java] at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Java.run(Java.java:710)

[java] at

[java] at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)

[java] at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.ExecuteJava.run(ExecuteJava.java:202)

[java] at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.ExecuteJava.execute(ExecuteJava.java:134)

[java] ... 15 more

[java] Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/ejb/EJBException

[java] at com.adobe.idp.dsc.clientsdk.ServiceClientFactory.evaluateMessageDispatcher(ServiceClientFactory.java:512)

[java] at com.adobe.idp.dsc.clientsdk.ServiceClient.invoke(ServiceClient.java:215)

[java] ... 23 more

BUILD SUCCESSFUL

Total time: 0 seconds
4 Replies

Former Community Member
Two issues but the problem persists:
<br />1) Once I copied the deployment file test-ds.xml to /opt/jboss/server/all/deploy, I had to restart jboss
<br />2) I then received an xml processing instruction error:
<br /> The processing instruction target matching "[xX][mM][lL]" is not allowed
<br />which was remedied by removing all the noise before:
<br /><?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<br />in my test-ds.xml
<br />
<br />I'm still not there, but thought this important to share..

Former Community Member
How can I verify that processFormSubmission is running or not?

(this is a required service according to:

http://livedocs.adobe.com/livecycle/es/samples/Forms.7.7.html

but I don't see it in my adminui >> archive/services administration)

Former Community Member
If I am in Workbench ES and when browsing the services see Forms>>Forms - 1.0>>processFormSubmission, is that sufficient proof that the service is in fact running and that my problem lies elsewhere?

Former Community Member
Eureka!
<br />
<br />I am still struggling with my linux installation, but my winxp turnkey looks ok on the DataExtractionAndUpdateDB sample finally. One obstacle I had to overcome was already divulged in another post; it just didn't make it here: the first xml processing instruction (<?xml version="1.0" ..="" etc=""?>
followed by comments on what test-ds.xml does needed to be removed. Following this, the xml file was well formed and could be parsed by the app.
<br />
<br />This doesn't fix this thread's specific issue, but I am confident that I can continue eval using winxp for the time being. Hope this helps someone.