Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.

Adobe LiveCycle Designer ES closes every time I open it :(

Former Community Member
Hello all, I want to thank you beforehand for the help regarding this matter. I use Windows Vista and my Adobe LiveCycle Designer was working before but for the last week and a half or so I have not been able to get it to work! I have done scandisk/defrag/and have multiple software to keep my computer clean so I have taken those precautions beforehand. To the problem...:

My Adobe LiveCycle Designer opens up and it was working previously as mentioned, but when I try to open it by either opening or converting a form or creating a new form with a template, I am not able to as it gives me an error message and closes! It gives me an error message of "Adobe LiveCycle Designer ES has stopped working" and a screenshot of this is provided at the following link:

http://www.mediafire.com/imgbnc.php/bc59d422150595157c212a5b181313244g.jpg

I don't know what to do and wanted to see if I could solve this problem before I was forced to try to manually reinstall it so hopefully I don't have to go through that. I appreciate the help once again!
1 Reply

Former Community Member
I am dealing with the same problem. I called Adobe technical support and spent hours to fix the problem but none worked. I tried to explain them the error might be caused by the Activation process but they just made me uninstall and install application several times.

When I start LiveCycle it gives the following error: adobe livecycle designer es has stopped working.

I start debugger to see what's going on and get the following exception: Unhandled exception at 0x773db663 in FormDesigner.exe: 0xC015000F: The activation context being deactivated is not the most recently activated one.

Does anyone know how to deactivate this product manually? Because deactivate menu is dimmed and I cannot deactivate product from the program. I believe if I can just remove activation info and activate it again this problem might disappear.

Thanks