Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Adobe LiveCycle Designer ES closes every time I open it :(

Former Community Member
Hello all, I want to thank you beforehand for the help regarding this matter. I use Windows Vista and my Adobe LiveCycle Designer was working before but for the last week and a half or so I have not been able to get it to work! I have done scandisk/defrag/and have multiple software to keep my computer clean so I have taken those precautions beforehand. To the problem...:

My Adobe LiveCycle Designer opens up and it was working previously as mentioned, but when I try to open it by either opening or converting a form or creating a new form with a template, I am not able to as it gives me an error message and closes! It gives me an error message of "Adobe LiveCycle Designer ES has stopped working" and a screenshot of this is provided at the following link:

http://www.mediafire.com/imgbnc.php/bc59d422150595157c212a5b181313244g.jpg

I don't know what to do and wanted to see if I could solve this problem before I was forced to try to manually reinstall it so hopefully I don't have to go through that. I appreciate the help once again!
1 Reply

Former Community Member
I am dealing with the same problem. I called Adobe technical support and spent hours to fix the problem but none worked. I tried to explain them the error might be caused by the Activation process but they just made me uninstall and install application several times.

When I start LiveCycle it gives the following error: adobe livecycle designer es has stopped working.

I start debugger to see what's going on and get the following exception: Unhandled exception at 0x773db663 in FormDesigner.exe: 0xC015000F: The activation context being deactivated is not the most recently activated one.

Does anyone know how to deactivate this product manually? Because deactivate menu is dimmed and I cannot deactivate product from the program. I believe if I can just remove activation info and activate it again this problem might disappear.

Thanks