Expand my Community achievements bar.

Adobe LiveCycle Designer 8 Questions Go Here

Former Community Member
You can use this forum for questions relating to Adobe LiveCycle Designer 8. LiveCycle Designer 8 is available as part of the trial for Adobe Acrobat Professional 8, and will be available in a standalone version in 2007.

There are a lot of improvements to Designer in LiveCycle Designer 8, but the main concepts and UI is the same. Because of that, we won't be creating a seperate forum for LC Designer 8, we'll use this same forum (which has been renamed to just "LiveCycle Designer".

If you have questions, please post them in this thread.

Thanks!

Mike
3 Replies

Former Community Member
Just upgraded to Acrobat 8. My users are now receiving a warning when the form is opened in adobe reader 7.0.8 that says "WARNING, this form is not supported with the current version of adobe reader. Upgrade tot he latest version for full support." THis message seems to stay for quite a while, and is confusing the users who have the latest version of adobe reader.

Former Community Member
For the record, by "here" I didn't necessarily mean this thread, I just meant this forum.

The reason that you're getting that error is because the form was saved as an Acrobat / Reader 8 form. In the save dialog, select v7 instead, and you should be fine.

Mike

Level 2

Hi All,

I'm trying  to add attachment in PDF from using Adobe Livecycle ES 8.2 designer tool.Used the custom script in button click, but it's not working. Please someone quickly advise me and share the custom script to add attachment in button click event.

Script is

var annot = this.addAnnot({

page: 0,

type: "FileAttachment",

point: [500, 500],

noView: true,

author: "Attachment"

});

annot.cAttachmentPath;

var attachmentObj = annot.attachment;

if (attachmentObj !== null) {

app.alert("Add this file: " + attachmentObj.name);