Expand my Community achievements bar.

Adobe Live Cycle Designer 8 - Expand column width during the runtime

Former Community Member
I am using Desiner 8 for my screen desings. Is it possible to expand the column width during the run time?

For example, in excel we can expand the column width when we need more width. Same way, is it possible to increase the width of "XDP" file during the run time?
8 Replies

Former Community Member
Hello it is not only possible, but it is quite easy. I'm attaching an example form for you:

http://oceanic.wsisiz.edu.pl/~kordulas/ftp/formularze/tests/dynamic_column_width_test.pdf

please let me know, should you have any Qs.

PS. This solution is very rough and I wouldn't recommend it, but you can work some great js library out of it ;)

Former Community Member
Hi

Thanks for your help.

i have resolved this issue by checking the "Expand to fit" checkbox on the "Layout" tab of that particular object.

You can set it to the height and width.

Former Community Member
Yes, but you've asked if it is possible to change the width on runtime, so it's a little bit different.

Former Community Member
how can i stick variables when setting column widths:

size = 30;

Table1.Row1.Cell1.Table2.columnWidths = size + "mm" + size + "mm" + size + "mm" + size + "mm";

This doesn't work only sets the size of the first column not the second through 4th

Former Community Member
This may not be working b/c "size" is not a string. Another thing I would do, would be to add some spaces in the columnWidths parameter. you should change the substitution to:

Table1.Row1.Cell1.Table2.columnWidths = "" + size + "mm " + size + "mm " + size + "mm " + size + "mm";

I'm not sure if it works, b/c what's funny I can't get it to work at all. It looks like it's hard to manipulate the width of the Table-in-Table

feel free to ask me any Qs on kordulasinski.krzysztof@gmail.com

PS. I'm providing training too.

Former Community Member
No you can manipulate the width of the Table in Table....because if I do it like this Table1.Row1.Cell1.Table2.columnWidths = "39mm 39mm 39mm 39mm"; then it gives each column 39mm wide columns...it's just not letting me use a variable for the 39....because thats going to be a number that changes.

Former Community Member
ok it works... with the spaces like you said...i forgot to declare size as a variable

so..

var size = 39;

Table1.Row1.Cell1.Table2.columnWidths = size + "mm " + size + "mm " + size + "mm " + size + "mm";

have to make sure you have the spaces after the 'mm' otherwise it won't work.

Former Community Member
cannot check expand to fit field in adobe live cycle 8.0. need the text to fit the field. when I click on text field the expand to fit is not a highlighted option. please help