Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Adobe Form - dynamic object selection/control

Former Community Member
Hi,

I am very new to using the Acrobat Form building tool. I am currently using it in conjunction with Adobe LifeCycle designer 8.

I would like to create a form which behaves like an xHTML doc, and client-side JavaScript.

I would like to be able to create groups of objects (Text, textboxes, comboboxes, etc), that can be shown or hidden depending on user selection/input in a different control/object. This is a pretty general question, but I am having difficulty finding documentation on how to approach.

This may be more difficult. The form will live in a folder on a shared drive. When the user completes and submits the form, I need for it to do the following:

Email to a specific address, depending on a user selection of a combobox value on the form.

Then create a copy of itself in a subfolder in the same shared drive, with a dynamically generated unique title/id (like a database key field).

Are any of these things possible. I would probably just create an xHTML form to do this, but currently we do not have a web server available to house such a form. And the portability of the Acrobat forms seems useful and practical in the long run.

If someone could point me in the right direction, website and/or online PDF publication, I would be ever so grateful.

Thanks so much for your help.

Kind regards,

Jessica
0 Replies