Expand my Community achievements bar.

Adding SubForm to the document

Former Community Member
hi
3 Replies

Former Community Member
hi ,

I have form which has few subforms. one of the subform contains same set of information which would be used by other subform. I called this a common subform. The common subform is only visible when a condition is met.

How do I add the common subform dynamically to the trigger subform ?

example: This is the order I like the common subform appear.

subform A

Common Subform

subform B

common Subform

In my design view, I have only one common subform.

Thanks for any ideas about how to do this ?

Former Community Member
While this is supported by XFA, there isn't any way to do this at design time today in Form Designer.

If the common subform is something you use frequently you can drop it into the Custom tab of the library.. then you'll have it there to drop into any form you need it in, but when you change the common subform, you'll need to manually replace it wherever it's used.

This is something we're hoping to address in the next version of Designer.

If you're feeling adventurous, check out the "proto" support in the XFA specification. This lets you have one piece of a form basically include another piece of the form, but it's not something that Designer supports the creation of.

--

SteveX

Adobe Systems

Former Community Member
Steve,

Thanks for your information, I may not put my question very clear previously. I am looking for a run time solution to add a common subform.

Your suggestion is good to put into custom library, something that I never think of.