Expand my Community achievements bar.

Acrobat 8 (simply PROBLEMS) - How can I set an ICON within a BUTTON

Former Community Member
Background: I want to use the basic BUTTON and add some JavaScrpt-code...so I need the CLICK event to start

Problem: The bad layout properties of the BUTTON - I would like to have an ICON with BUTTON charateristic -> How can I implement an ICON instead the normal Features of Title and Backgroundcolors?
6 Replies

Level 7
Acrobat 8 still supports the Acrobat Acro Forms fields and the "Button" field in that product allows for the inclusion of an icon image in the button faces.

Former Community Member
I work with the LiveCycle Designer (vs. 8 ) to create my Forms -> to solve my problem, I can choose between the fieldtypes: Button, Image, Imagefield, ..., textfield but I haven´t found the right one with is scalable enough. Can you explain me - what you mean with "Acrobat Acro Forms fields" and how can I solve my Problem? Thanks

Level 7
I have not tried it, but you could try stacking the image field covered by a transparent button field.

Former Community Member
Unfortunately, the problem isn´t solved. I´ve found a similar problem - have a look at:

http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx/.3bc479ff/0

threat from Christopher Giles

Any help is much appreciated.

Former Community Member
Thanks a lot! Now it works! For posterity, I have testes the different actionevents, I have choosed a clickevent to start my scripts and the wrong type of control for the button (normal instead of accomplish) ... however, take the mouseupevent as in the sample (G. Kaiser) and it works.