Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.

A few beginner questions

Level 2
I installed AD7 as part of the CS2 Premium package. I have a few basic questions to help me get started.

1. I have added a Text Field box. When I preview the form and enter text in the form, the text starts in the vertical center of the form, not at the top. I have allowed for many lines of input, but I want the text that is inputed to start on the top and work down the area as the user types, not keep the text centered vertically.

b How do I change the text field so that the user text starts at the top left of the field?

2. I'm not really ready to accept the data from my forms as XML. I'd have to write some sort of XML parser or use a database program to read the data. I do not get volumes of data. I would just like to receive a filled in PDF file via e-mail that is easy for me to read after the user fills in their data.

b How do I code the form so that when the user is ready, it submits the completed form back to me via e-mail in .pdf format?
8 Replies

Level 2
I finally found the answer to my question #1, Use the Window<Paragraph to set the attributes for the text field paragraph.<br /><br />I'm still trying to figure out #2 though.<br /><br />I have a new question too<br /><br />b How do I add a note in my form like I can when creating a PDF document in Acrobat?<br /><br />I want to use the note as detailed instructions on how to fill out a particular field. Perhaps, AD7 has some other way of accomplishing this that is not called a "note"?

Level 2
I guess designer is not too popular or there are not too many experts out there who can help us newbies. If anyone can lend a hand, I would appreciate it.

Thanks in advance...

Former Community Member
Mike,

This script below will let you submit your form to recipient as PDF format.

var myDoc = event.target;

myDoc.mailDoc(

false,

"recipient@hotmail.com", "cc@hotmail.com", "bcc@hotmail.com",

"Your subject goes here...",

"Email body goes here..."

);

Former Community Member
Yes,that worked.

But its not capturing the data i filled in the form

Former Community Member
I am using Acrobat Designer.Do i need to use different method to capture data

Former Community Member
If you have Acrobat installed on the machine, the data should be saved with the form.

Level 2
I was not sure where to put this code but I have not tried too hard to figure it out yet either. But if you wish to add any incite, I would appreciate it.