Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

What are technology stack used in AEP?

Level 9
Hello everyone - I have hands-on experience in Adobe Experience Manager and I am interested to learn Adobe Experience Platform (AEP). What are the technology stacks we should know before learning AEP? What is the best place to start learning AEP?
1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @Mario248 - Great question. 

Considering you have an experience in AEM (Front end / back end both), AEP is more towards data oriented, built on RESTful API where we're building solution that drives customer experience. 

To get into AEP, I would suggest to learn some fundamentals about Web analytics, Personalization, data collection and how it works collectively through various other adobe products like Adobe analytics, Target, Adobe data collection( Adobe launch) etc as basics. 

Once you start to learn and integrate these with your AEM or any other application where you can able to see how the data flows end to end and that deliver personalization experience based on the segmentation and later on build the real time customer profile in AEP using various services built on top of AEP.

This high level architecture diagram helps more to understand and give you a walkthrough about AEP. 

By the way, AEP UI interface used React Spectrum for the client side, which is the same UI toolkit used by all Adobe solutions

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Community Advisor

@Mario248 Best place to start learning AEP is going through Adobe docs and tutorial

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-platform.html?lang=en

Here is the tutorial that would help you to understand the architecture of AEP

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/platform-learn/tutorials/intro-to-platform/basic-architectur... 

Community Advisor

@Mario248 There's really no AEP technology stack,  it is a combination of various products and features which may employ specific technology. Depending on your areas of interest you could learn specific technology. 

Here's a good tutorial of all that is involved within AEP, some of the areas require specific technology are 

• Data science Workspce ( Jupyterlab, Python etc..) 
  • Query Service ( SQL/Postgres) 
  • Working with REST API

I hope that helps, Good luck!! 

Anil

Level 9

Thank you Anil for your response. AEP has no technology stack! You mentioned Data Science, Query Services, and REST APIs, and it helps to understand what technologies AEP uses. I just wanted to know what technologies are required to learn AEP. 

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @Mario248 - Great question. 

Considering you have an experience in AEM (Front end / back end both), AEP is more towards data oriented, built on RESTful API where we're building solution that drives customer experience. 

To get into AEP, I would suggest to learn some fundamentals about Web analytics, Personalization, data collection and how it works collectively through various other adobe products like Adobe analytics, Target, Adobe data collection( Adobe launch) etc as basics. 

Once you start to learn and integrate these with your AEM or any other application where you can able to see how the data flows end to end and that deliver personalization experience based on the segmentation and later on build the real time customer profile in AEP using various services built on top of AEP.

This high level architecture diagram helps more to understand and give you a walkthrough about AEP. 

By the way, AEP UI interface used React Spectrum for the client side, which is the same UI toolkit used by all Adobe solutions

Hope this helps.

Level 9

Your detailed explanation is greatly appreciated, Gokul. I should get started with Adobe analytics, Target, Adobe data collection( Adobe launch). In order to learn AEP, I need to gain a solid understanding of the above 3 tools. That's what you're suggesting, right?

Are we required to have Data Science knowledge in order to learn AEP?

Community Advisor

Hi @Mario248 

It's always good to start from basics and I think to get your hands dirty in AEP - above tools knowledge and implementation definitely helps. As these are the fundamentals. 

There are many organization still using these tools for their use cases. 

About Data Science - I'm not an expert or have an experience with this as of now but what I know that AEP provides you in built in service where all DS machine learning and AI algorithm works for you based on the pre built models and recipes. 

Here you can have more info - Data Science Worksapce 

Hope this helps.