Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

What are some ways to clean up profiles of unwanted ECIDs

Level 6

Hi there,

We have ECIDs enabled as primary identifier on our site, and another CRM ID as an identifier too. Per this article too, I am running into a similar problem with customers logging into different accounts on the same ECID, and the identities are forever stitched. 

Using myself as an example, 

I have a CRM ID and respective ECIDs, and then one day I mistakenly logged into a test account which is used by many other people in the company and on my own ECID. Now my identity graph exploded and I can forever not be segmented.

So I am just wondering if there are ways to clean this up? I have both the Experience events TTL and pseudonymous profile TTL set up. The "login mistake" happened a few months back and so it's way passed the TTL, even though the TTL cleaned the events but the linked identity remains. 

Thank you

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor
2 Replies

Level 3

Hi,

You can look for a beta feature that deletes the oldest identity in the graph before adding the latest identity :
https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-platform/identity/guardrails.html?lang=en#appendi...

Another way, not highly recommended, is to use Privacy services to delete the identities from the graph. 

Correct answer by
Community Advisor