Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Need to create an individual field directly in the schema without an associated class or field group

Level 3

Hi All,

As provided in the documentation of AEP, all fields in an XDM schema must be provided by its class or a field group that is compatible with that class, but I have a use case in my project where I need to create an individual field directly in the schema without an associated class or field group. Can anybody suggest if there is some way by which we can achieve it?

In the screenshot below, I have 6 in-built fields fetched from XDM Individual Profile Class, I want a field called 'XYZ' as the 7th field in this schema (without adding it in a fieldgroup or associated class). Please let me know if this can be achieved.

xyz.png

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@SD_11 You cannot modify the default field structure to add your field, it has to be added via a predefined field group or custom field group. 

Edited to correct, meant you cannot modify. 

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@SD_11 You cannot modify the default field structure to add your field, it has to be added via a predefined field group or custom field group. 

Edited to correct, meant you cannot modify. 

Community Advisor

If you do create a field into the schema it will appear underneath the tenant object.  It will not appear in the root (global) listing of the schema.

Level 1

Just to understand more, why exactly would you like to "create an individual field directly in the schema without an associated class or field group". 

The whole point of having field Groups and class, is to honour the OOPS Paradigm and have dependency management. Hence, it is always good to create a field assigned to (custom) field group.