Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Websdk to AEP stream

Level 1

Hi Team,

My goal is to bring website traffic data (website has Adobe analytics implemented) into AEP for segmentation and send it to further downstream destinations. However, I am struggling to find the ways and weighing on the pro and cons of the below approaches:

a. Websdk implementation in website to fetch data directly into AEP

b. Websdk implementation in website to fetch the data into Adobe Analytics and then bring into AEP

Could someone please share any insight into which one is more suitable and the pro-cons of these two approaches!

Thank you for your suggestions!

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hey @Supratim_Sarkar 

The two approaches you have mentioned both are using Web SDK ? If yes, then both would use a datastream, first one using only one service that is AEP.

In second scenario, I am assuming you would be using datastream (since you mentioned web sdk) to send data to Analytics and then use a batch connector to send data to AEP ? The second approach would be redundant to be honest. If you do use web sdk, the ideal scenario would be sending data to both AEP and Analytics. 

Another option you have which I think you didn’t mention is using a batch connector from Adobe analytics without web SDK. This is, in most cases, an interim solution till you move to web SDK implementation. The pro of this approach is that your existing analytics setup would work as is and you don’t need to do any data layer or Launch related changes. All the changes would happen within AEP. The disadvantage/con of this approach is that since it is a batch connector, you do not have access to real time use cases. That is why, this is more of an interim solution till you make a move to web SDK implementation. Once you do implement web SDK, I would suggest sending data to both AEP and AA through a datastream.

Hope the above helps you in deciding upon an approach.

Cheers,

Abhinav

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi @Supratim_Sarkar  - The major difference is that web SDK will bring behavioral data in real time to AEP using edge service (Qualified for Edge Segmentation) but AA will be considered as batch (Qualified for Batch segmentation). It depends on your use case. if you have a plan to implement real time personalization then AEP web SDK is the right approach. if not, you can consider only AA data on AEP. There are some documents which would help you to understand based on your use case, downstream activation, segmentation etc. So, I would request you to examine your use case and highlight what it required to attain. 

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hey @Supratim_Sarkar 

The two approaches you have mentioned both are using Web SDK ? If yes, then both would use a datastream, first one using only one service that is AEP.

In second scenario, I am assuming you would be using datastream (since you mentioned web sdk) to send data to Analytics and then use a batch connector to send data to AEP ? The second approach would be redundant to be honest. If you do use web sdk, the ideal scenario would be sending data to both AEP and Analytics. 

Another option you have which I think you didn’t mention is using a batch connector from Adobe analytics without web SDK. This is, in most cases, an interim solution till you move to web SDK implementation. The pro of this approach is that your existing analytics setup would work as is and you don’t need to do any data layer or Launch related changes. All the changes would happen within AEP. The disadvantage/con of this approach is that since it is a batch connector, you do not have access to real time use cases. That is why, this is more of an interim solution till you make a move to web SDK implementation. Once you do implement web SDK, I would suggest sending data to both AEP and AA through a datastream.

Hope the above helps you in deciding upon an approach.

Cheers,

Abhinav

Level 4

Looking at your option a & b, why bother to keep AA in between? I am thinking if you still need AA for analytics and reporting? And keep in mind that AA server calls will also cost you money.

Using the Source Connector to bring data from AA to AEP adds a lots of latency time compared to Datastream to AEP.

Option B may support use cases like migrating historial data to AEP or some part of your web site currenlty sending data to AA and it takes multiple phases to migarte to AEP/CJA.

Community Advisor

Hey @Supratim_Sarkar 

Did the above responses help?

Let us know if you have any further doubts.

Cheers,

Abhinav

Level 1

Thank for everyone for the response. It now seems option A: websdk > AEP seems the real winner (given our usecases include some real time cases too). However, I am wondering if there is any restrictions on the volume from product side (if any). Can someone please comment on that!

@abhinavbalooni , @Hey_John , @jayakrishnaaparthasarathy 

Thanks!

Community Advisor

Hey @Supratim_Sarkar 

There is no limit on the product side except for the licensed number profiles and storage that is part of your company's contract. You can have a view of it in AEP under License usage to keep track of how many profiles are allowed as part of your contract.

Hope the above helps.

Cheers.