Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Video Tracking for YouTube and YouTube Playback youtube video disappears issue

Level 3

Hey all,

I tried looking for documentation or if anyone has experienced the same as what I am but was unable to find anything. 

When I enable any of the extensions (YouTube Playback or Video Tracking for YouTube extension), my youtube video disappears on the site. I'm assuming it is something with the markup of how the iFrame/embed is but not sure if anyone can provide any feedback or assistance?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi, I'm the developer of the YouTube Playback extension. So my follow-up questions focus on that extension and not on any other.

When the "Enable video playback tracking" action runs, it updates all YouTube IFrames (or, if you've specified a selector, then those DOM elements that match the selector) to add the required "enablejsapi=1" parameter to the YouTube URL (if that parameter is not in the URL already). This causes the browser to reload the video (as browsers are designed to do, when an element's source URL changes). However, your video should really just appear as a flicker, and then it should be available for normal playback again.

What you're experiencing is definitely unexpected to me. Could you share a web page that has this problem? You can private message me with that web page's URL.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi, I'm the developer of the YouTube Playback extension. So my follow-up questions focus on that extension and not on any other.

When the "Enable video playback tracking" action runs, it updates all YouTube IFrames (or, if you've specified a selector, then those DOM elements that match the selector) to add the required "enablejsapi=1" parameter to the YouTube URL (if that parameter is not in the URL already). This causes the browser to reload the video (as browsers are designed to do, when an element's source URL changes). However, your video should really just appear as a flicker, and then it should be available for normal playback again.

What you're experiencing is definitely unexpected to me. Could you share a web page that has this problem? You can private message me with that web page's URL.

Level 3

Thank you for your reply! Just sent you a message.

Level 2

Follow below steps to track YouTube videos without any issues.

1. Install YouTube Playback extension.

2. Create a data element select extension as YouTube Playback and data element type as Video Title (To fetch the video name)

3.Create a rule EVENTS= Window loaded then ACTIONS= select extension as YouTube Playback, Action Type=Enable video playback tracking.

4. Create a rule EVENTS= based on your requirement EX: Video start, Video 25%, Video End etc then ACTIONS select extension as Adobe analytics, Action type as set variable, set a required Evars/Props select set as data element created in step-2.

Ex: Evars/Props 40 set as video title data element

s.eVar40Video Name
s.event28Video Start
s.event29Video Completes
s.event3025
s.event3150
s.event3275

Give a thumps up if you like my solution.