Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Using segment membership inside a segment to exclude/include profiles

Level 3

Hi Folks,

I am facing a situation where I need to find the profiles and exclude/include who are already qualified into some other segment.

Ikmoo_0-1677853908849.png

Found this inside the segment canvas but not sure whether it will work as expected. Any solution on this or supporting document for the same ?

Thanks in Advance!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

I see.  You may want try defining your segment in such a way that people fall out of the segment based on what you are trying to do with the realized state.

Second, you can do what you are looking to do, but:

1. It is a bit cumbersome
  2. You may run into scenarios where the underlying segment is resolved after your reference to that segment (using Audience references is designed to handle this for you). i.e., it contains the old value.  It may resolve itself the following segment job/day, but it depends on how long people stay in the segment.

I'd suggest opening an enhancement asking for the Status and lastQual to be available for Audiences.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Employee Advisor

@Ikmoo It is easier and better to use the Audience tab.  It helps when the segment job is running to ensure the segment membership is up to date.

Level 3

Hi @Danny-Miller ,

Thanks for the response. I have explored that option. But my scenario is that I need to exclude the audience from the segment after particular days from their realized state. 

The Screenshot that I have shared above looks like will achieve it. Do you have any say on that particular method ?

Thanks,

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

I see.  You may want try defining your segment in such a way that people fall out of the segment based on what you are trying to do with the realized state.

Second, you can do what you are looking to do, but:

1. It is a bit cumbersome
  2. You may run into scenarios where the underlying segment is resolved after your reference to that segment (using Audience references is designed to handle this for you). i.e., it contains the old value.  It may resolve itself the following segment job/day, but it depends on how long people stay in the segment.

I'd suggest opening an enhancement asking for the Status and lastQual to be available for Audiences.