Expand my Community achievements bar.

Using Salesforce CRM Connection with Adobe Experience Platform (AEP) for Salesforce Custom Objects

Level 3

Hello,

Can the standard Salesforce CRM connection sync lead data captured in AEP, including custom objects/data linked to those leads?

We plan to store product interests as custom objects in Salesforce. If AEP dedupes a Lead, it should update the Lead info (name, email, phone) but append new product interests without overwriting existing ones.

For example, our web forms (using AEP) will collect not only name, email, and phone, but also the products the person is interested in.

Is the standard Salesforce CRM connection sufficient, or do we need a custom integration for this?

Below is a high-level representation of our potential Salesforce data model, showing deduped Leads and their interactions, including product interests.

Thanks!

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

2 Replies

Community Advisor

@Jean_FabioBa I doubt that is possible, as per the document the two objects (leads and contacts) fields will be available to be mapped within the destinations. 

I doubt custom object will be available in the mapping fields. 

However another is you could create a custom query in the datasest which includes all that data and output it as  new dataset ( using query service) and download this data, obviously this creates extra process and requires more effort 

Hope that helps 

Anil

Level 3

Thanks, @Anil_Umachigi , for your insights. I appreciate it!

So, it seems the ideal option would be to build a custom integration ourselves. Here's what we're considering:

1. Lead Capture and Processing in AEP: AEP would capture and process new leads, performing tasks like ID stitching and deduplication.
  2. Event Trigger: Once a lead is validated and ready, AEP would trigger an event.
  3. Unidirectional Data Flow: This event would then be captured by Salesforce (and any other systems that need the lead info) in a unidirectional flow, ensuring that lead data always starts in AEP and moves downstream. This avoids any bidirectional data flow.
  4. Fast Data Flow: Ensuring the data flows quickly to Salesforce allows salespeople to promptly follow up with potential leads. Consent management will be handled appropriately.

Is this approach feasible, or are there better alternatives you recommend?