Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Streaming Data Ingestion for multiple records.

Level 3

Hi team,
Greetings!

I am trying to performing the streaming ingestion for multiple records using the postman in that we are getting response like 207 Multi-status, created batch ID etc.
At dataset level data also successfully ingested.

Ques.1- In postman response one batch ID generated and at dataset level another batch ID created so these two batch Id are same or different? In my case both are different.

Ques2. Source team feeding the data in AEP that time they are created two separate batches one Batch Id for 600 records and another batch Id for 300 records. But AEP ae observe 900 records ingested in one single batch. Is that correct or in AEP also suppose to created two separate batch Id one for 600 records and another batch Id for 300 records.
Their is any limitation at AEP end for sending/pushing the data from source side in between two separate batches.

Ques3. Their is any transition time/ waiting time between two batches for feeding the data from source side?

Ques4. Any tracking mechanism based on that we can cross check data from both end from source and AEP. Like how many successful ingested and which are failed.

Please help to understand me.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @sandip_surse  - 
Ques.1- Hopefully that is flow id not the batch ID.#
Ques2. Your messages can be grouped into fewer actual requests when usingthe /collection/batch endpoint and you have used the same. 

Ques3 - Refer the below document.

You will get some answer from the below mentioned document. 
https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-platform/ingestion/streaming/overview.html#:~:tex... 

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @sandip_surse  - 
Ques.1- Hopefully that is flow id not the batch ID.#
Ques2. Your messages can be grouped into fewer actual requests when usingthe /collection/batch endpoint and you have used the same. 

Ques3 - Refer the below document.

You will get some answer from the below mentioned document. 
https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-platform/ingestion/streaming/overview.html#:~:tex... 

Hi jayakrishnaaparthasarathy,
Thanks for the sharing the document it's really helpful.

Q1. Ans: Yes, both batch ID's are different one for API end and another for AEP end.
Q2 & Q3. Ans: Yes, there is transition time between two batches from source side for 15min for each batch.
For failed records created separate batch based on failed batched batch Id we can retrieve the failed records.

Regards,
Sandip Surse