Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

SFTP

Level 1

How do I define a host in AEP if I want to create a new source connection on SFTP?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@carmen_18  This is a non adobe task, i.e you need to get in touch with relevant team in your org to help you create that for you. This is usually done by  IT/Network teams depending on how teams are structured at your org. 

Once they create a sftp location, they will be able to provide you with information to access which can then be used within AEP. 

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Community Advisor

@carmen_18 

Host would be the name or IP address associated with your SFTP server. Here is the link by which you can create a source connection with SFTP in AEP

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-platform/sources/ui-tutorials/create/cloud-storag...

Hope this helps.

Community Advisor

@carmen_18 Adding to what @Avinash_Gupta_  mentioned earlier, you need to first create a SFTP hosting instance (within your org or cloud space) and get the credentials ( host, port & credentials) ready which would be used in creating the source connection. 

Level 1

Hi @Anil_Umachigi, thank you for your valuable input. Could you kindly share how I can create a SFTP hosting instance?

In the Adobe documentation I can't find any hint.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@carmen_18  This is a non adobe task, i.e you need to get in touch with relevant team in your org to help you create that for you. This is usually done by  IT/Network teams depending on how teams are structured at your org. 

Once they create a sftp location, they will be able to provide you with information to access which can then be used within AEP.